character inspiration

                         I like to set up a board of photos of who or what inspires me for a certain piece.  I find having a sort of look/mood board helps inspire me. Of course they the muse and the character are not complete clones. They are my template that i can impose my vision. A little pretentious, sounding? Ehhh.

                          For a current WIP, as of yet unnamed, my  muse du jour are Conor McGregor and Sean Ford.

                         McGregor, an mma champion and stud, is the perfect stand in for Dublin born Brogan. A hot tempered, crime boss who is tough as nails and bit crazy and arrogant. A man of base instincts and desires. Fuck it or kill it. I must dominate all i survey.
   

                             Sean Ford, adult film star, is my Billy who's name i will be changing. A damaged young man. Scarred, physically and emotionally, He survives by gogo dancing and other gigs. Tired of just surviving and is desperate to make a big move. Billy is sexy who still has some innocence. Sean pictures fit that bill.


Of course, I have no idea have either of them are like in real. It is what they inspire in me and my imagination that i transpose on my characters. They act like a focus.

Am i alone in this?

Comments